Thursday, August 25, 2011

Hurricane Us

Good gravy I feel like I'm already in a hurricane--forget the fact that Irene is well east of us and likely will only result in a lot of rain and a little wind for us. Today feels like a list kind of day:


1. I'm trying to get my office all set up. I was thrilled to get my first phone call yesterday. I was less thrilled by jousting with multiple IT people to set up voice mail. Mission unaccomplished.


2. I tap danced through class last night. My poor students start their own classes today with their little people, and somehow the history of the field of reading just can't compete with that. We had a great conversation, but at times I felt like only jazz hands could keep them with me.


3. Issa is still loving school!

She insisted on a picture again today. Don't ask me what that face is all about. She's weird sometimes; it's part of her charm.

4. Part of Issa loving school is packing her lunch. Yesterday, I had to come home and clean up the kitchen because we couldn't manage to pack and clean before we had to go. Today, we managed to do both--hurrah!

5. I was the mom in yoga pants and a baseball cap at drop off today. I swore I would never be that mom, but I have to hurry up and mow before Irene blows past. Our HOA does not accept Acts of God as an excuse for long grass. The trials of suburbia.

6. I will have to brave the grocery today. I would normally go tomorrow, but with the storm possibly coming it will be a zoo. It will be slightly less zoo-like today, and we need groceries. And batteries. Because if I buy them, Irene will not come.

7. I have written exactly two sentences in the past two days. Crud! Must...write...

8. Even though life is feeling hurricane-ish, I'm loving finding our new normal. Happy fall!



No comments:

Post a Comment