Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Just Call Him Dozer

Issa had a great first day yesterday, and the details will be forthcoming. However, my little man needs a little blog time.

You may remember the kids constructed a little play space from sheets, and I have come to accept that if they are home the space will be up. Evan decided that little space is ideal for building.

I love the concentration on his little face. He was building a train, and then he built a dog house:
Then he turned into a bull dozer: I love his smashing face. When he knocked it down, I shouted, "Oh, no! The train crashed!"

My sweet boy looked at me like I was daft and said, "No, Mama, they blocks."

Clearly. You can't bulldoze a train. I love that he actually calls himself Dozer as he knocks down his blocks, and I love that he can sit for an hour building and dozing quite happily. He's getting so big, and he really is the funniest kid I've ever met. He has a way of cocking his head to one side and making a crazy face, and it always makes me laugh. His world also happens as a growl right now. I think it might be more of a roar, but whatever you call it any phrase can become a guttural utterance--even songs. The last line must be roared. It's a rule.

I can't wait to watch this little man grow. He is so easy going and entertaining, and I am sure he will keep me laughing even as I'm pulling out my rapidly greying hair.











No comments:

Post a Comment