Saturday, August 20, 2011

"How Can I Sleep After So Much Fun?"

The title pretty much sums it up. Yesterday was a day full of fun, and I don't blame Issa for not wanting it to end.

Our day started with a trip to her new school. Issa got to "play" with her teacher while Brad and I talked with the assistant. It made Issa even more excited to go to her new school. When we finished there, Issa and I went out for a latte and hot cocoa and to talk about her morning. I don't think I said two words.

In the afternoon, Issa and I made our own fruit roll-ups. They are actually super easy, but they do take a while (like three hours). Most of it is hurry up and wait, and I'm quite certain they will become a snack staple!

Yesterday afternoon, Miss Shelby came to play. There was much dress-up! Please notice the heels:
Then, as bonus surprise, Shelby's daddy came for a visit...in a fire truck...

I have never seen my neighbors run out of their houses so fast. It was hysterical. It was more than any of the kids could handle. Shelby was thrilled to see Daddy who was working a long shift, and my two were thrilled to see a fire truck at their own house. My favorite moment was when Evan saw a car coming and told all the firemen to get in the grass--and they did! He thought he was a hero. There is nothing better than hanging out on a fire truck:


Evan was more interested in climbing around the fire truck:

Miss Crystal and Shelby stayed for dinner, and great fun was had by all. It was so good for me to have some conversation about some grown-up girl stuff (like shoes and parenting and trying to find new rhythms as fall approaches). The kids had way too much fun, and the giggles are still ringing in my ears. (Apparently, it is absolutely hysterical to dance in the dark.) I am still so grateful for such good friends.


And now...it's off to celebrate the weekend. Who knows what adventures are in store.








No comments:

Post a Comment