Monday, November 28, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

This was one of those perfect holidays. It all started with a perfect trip up to Ohio. We finally figured how to travel:
Sleeping children are a plus, but taking the middle seats out of the van and putting the kids in the back is brilliant. They have more room for their "stuff," real cup holders, and they can actually play with each other. My husband is a genius. (There...I put it in writing.)

After a delightful drive, we started the celebrating at Grandma Pat and Grandpa Kevin's house, where there were cookies to be baked:

And a dog to be loved:

This poor puppy is probably still sleeping. The three of them were inseparable and in constant motion--so cute.


Then, we celebrated with Papa Don, Grandma Nancy, Uncle Brian, Aunt D., and all the cousins:

That is one happy family.


We eventually headed a little further north to Nana and Papa Rich's house. We had the big meal, but we also had a ton of fun. There were more cookies to bake:

My cousins, Becca and Tyler, joined that madness. I can't remember the last time I have laughed so hard. We left no cookie cutter un-used and no sprinkle un-sprinkled. We picked on each other and remembered years and years of memories. I love sharing those stories with my kiddos and seeing them laugh as hard as we do.


There is nothing better than your significantly younger cousin telling you, "I don't need your sass." Oh, my friend, you do. Anyone who mistakes a church cookie cutter for a Christmas tree has it coming...that is the stuff memories are made of.


This, however, is a boy that knows his cookies:

I love my sisters face in the background. It's blurry, but it is pure joy.


Of course, there were also art projects galore. Even Uncle Jeff made a Play-do beach:


Not too shabby. Amongst the hustle and bustle, there were also quiet moments for snuggling and just being together.


Siblings enjoying a fire:

Two generations of siblings enjoying each other:

Papa Rich and Evan taking a break from hammering for snuggles:

I even managed to find a little snuggle time with my angels:

What is it about a fireplace that entices people to snuggle a little closer, be a little more joyful?

The Cookie Crew:

Well...most of the cookie crew.


Three generations of bakers:

That's a keeper.


Lest you think it was all snuggles and bliss, there were moments like this:




"Not one more picture. If I can't see you, you can't take the picture." (That must have been what he was thinking. I'm sure of it.)

Quiet moments turned to whirling dance numbers while the Christmas music filled the room:

Because after all, it's almost December...that Christmas-y time of year. And new coats are needed:


And trees must be trimmed:



This is actually my sister's tree. Issa made the garland for her, and in true Aunt Shannon form, it really went on the tree.


Tonight, we went to find our tree, and that story will come tomorrow. For now, I think I'll enjoy the smell of pine, have one more giggle at the memories, and remember how truly thankful I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment