Monday, November 7, 2011

This is What Fall is About!

Yesterday was an absolutely gorgeous fall day. The air was crisp and the wind had brought down plenty of leaves. While Daddy was working on the bookshelves, the kids and I set to work: I know that is the outfit I would assemble for yard work. She thought she looked like a garden fairy--go with it.

Evan is not so much helpful with a rake:

He likes the sound of it, but he doesn't really move many leaves.

We ended up with a pretty decent little pile:

And then the flop:
Followed by many, many more flops:

Yep...there is nothing better than sitting in a pile of leaves in the fall:
This is one of the reasons I love Carolina. We still have seasons! We may not see as much snow as our midwest home, and the fall and spring are shorter, but my kids still get to experience all of the seasons. I love watching them play in the leaves the way I did when I was little. They may never know the chill of trick-or-treating in the snow, but they will know the crunch of a pile of leaves and the art of the perfect flop.

No comments:

Post a Comment