Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Our Tree!

Last night a little more holly jolly entered our home in the form of the world's most perfect tree.(And yes, I say that every year and then spend part of the evening describing how this year's tree is better than the last. In this case, it's not too fat so we can actually get to the plug to light the lights.)

We decided to get our tree at the fire department this year. It's a fundraiser for them, and my littles were thrilled to see fire trucks and get a tree at the same time. It was almost too much. The trees were beautiful and passed inspection:
It was a hard choice, but in the interest of full disclosure, I forgot to take a picture of the actual choosing and made my family reenact it, which is not something I normally do but I have a picture from every other year and this year could be no exception. (I am realizing I may have some kind of issues...these are new issues centered around holiday traditions in addition to my other more general issues.) One problem:


If you look closely in that picture you can see our tree is already on top of the van--oops.


Mr. Eddie spoiled the kids with a tour of every truck and new coloring books. Evan hardly said two words while we were there, but he talked all night about the trucks, the trees, and Mr. Eddie. In fact, Mr. Eddie was the best part of his day and leaving Mr. Eddie was the worst. So cute.





Daddy brought the tree in and put it in the stand:


That picture cracks me up! I can't decide if he's doing surgery or committing murder.

Ah...the view from the kitchen:


I can hardly wait for it to settle so we can decorate. Tonight we have the holiday bazaar, though, and I'm sure there will be great stories to be told.

No comments:

Post a Comment