Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Creativity in Bloom

For the first time, Issa brought a friend home from school yesterday. These two girls are off to big things:
They had such a fun time! They are such creative girls, and they both love all forms of art. They played dress up, but they made their own dresses with blankets and clothes pins (although I am highly unreasonable and wouldn't let them wear it to the park), crafted on the deck, and arranged flowers.

The highlight: I pulled off pink popcorn. When I asked what they wanted for snack, Issa's friend announced she would like pink popcorn. Hmmmm. A little jello sprinkled on popcorn did the trick--super fun! Apparently, this was a first. I assumed she must have had it at her house; her mom was very surprised. Ah....small things.

The bummer: the flower arrangement had stowaways. As in ants. As in oodles of ants crawling around my mantle. Thankfully, I caught it quickly, took the arrangement outside, and went to town squishing. Never a dull moment around here, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment