Friday, March 23, 2012

Love: A List

Yesterday was a fairly unremarkable day, but there were so very many moments that I just loved:

1. I love our Meineke. I have a general aversion to all things mechanical. Mechanics make me cry; car repair places make me anxious. When Brad discovered this one, he promised I could take the cars there, too. I was skeptical...very skeptical. Now, I am in love. It helps that the service manager could be my Uncle Todd's twin. They look and sound identical, and I trust him implicitly. When he starts to talk and I glaze over, he smiles and says, "Got it. I'll just do what I would do for my wife's car." Love him. And...they are always saving me money! A definite bonus. (I was there yesterday because the handle to the parking break fell off. They are only charging me for the part--$24--because it is so easy to put on. Love them!)

2. I love that Issa loves Journey. After school, she wanted to clean up her art able (Hallelujah Amen!), and she cranked up Journey while we did it. It was blissful.

3. I love that Evan snuggled on my lap for all of ballet's class. It was Parent Observation week, so we actually got to sit in the room. It was mommy heaven. I got to watch my girl dance while snuggling my boy. Ahhh...

4. I love that Evan now wants Issa to tuck him in. Apparently she knows just how the vroom vroom blanket should go.

5. I love that when I checked on Issa on my way to bed, she stirred just enough to whisper, "I love you so much, Mommy." I love you, too, baby girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment