Sunday, March 4, 2012

Girls and their own designs...

Issa had Thursday and Friday off for teacher conferences, which turned out to be a real blessing. Shelby's daddy's aunt (and I suddenly feel like I'm back home explaining how people are related--I'm just missing the Bales Road connection) passed away very suddenly this week. Although I wish we could have done more, we got to keep Shelby Thursday evening and Friday afternoon. Let's just these two girls were in heaven.

We started with the usual Barbies and dress-up. Then, they progressed to planning a wedding. The brides:
I asked who they were marrying, and they had no idea. This was clearly not important. It was all about the planning of the event. The hall needed to be decorated with hearts, and flowers were strewn on the floor. We made popcorn, cookies, and ice cream for the reception. It is apparently the "chic menu" these days--just ask Issa. One problem: we needed head pieces. Then I remembered Issa had some make your own headbands left:

So it began. They each made seven. Extra ribbons and feathers were procured. Issa was most proud of this spring ensemble:

They wanted to craft all by themselves, so I stayed close, doing dishes and such, waiting to be summoned to tie a knot or criss-cross a ribbon. I was on the last pot, and I hear "Uh-oh." I didn't move. I was too afeared.


Then I heard, "We have to tell Mom." Crud. This cannot be good.


"Mom, we've glued a feather to the table." Yes...this is not good.


The girls had been very careful to keep the crafting on the plastic placemats. But, one of the drying headbands had fallen over, and the feather had indeed slipped onto the table. Bummer. You'll be glad to know that a little furniture oil and it came right up. No harm done!

Really, when you consider this:

One glued feather isn't bad.

I love watching these two girls play. Their imaginations have no bounds, and they share so well. I love listening to the giggles, and my heart just melted when I overheard, "We're sisters, and sisters don't break up. We'll be in each others real weddings." I pray they are...

No comments:

Post a Comment