Thursday, March 8, 2012

Just What I Needed

This is just what this mommy's heart needed yesterday:
Evan generally helps make dinner, but he was especially excited about it yesterday. We made vodka cream sauce from scratch and fresh green beans. Evan loved mashing the tomatoes and snapping the beans.

I always love cooking with the kids, but it was especially wonderful last night. I am flying out at o'dark thirty tomorrow morning to spend 36 hours in NYC with my mom and sister! I am beyond excited about the trip! It is the first time I have traveled sans kids since before Evan was born, and we are ordering my sister's wedding gown (I have faith)! I cannot wait for the grown-up girls' weekend with two of my very favorite people.

But....and it's a very tiny but...it will be the longest I have ever been away from Evan. When Issa was little, I had to travel a bit for work--sometimes for five days at a time. I didn't love it, but it was part of our life. Issa understands the idea of Mommy traveling--Evan not so much. It's been hysterical. Little man keeps asking who is going to make dinner, pick him up from school, and tuck him in--all things that Daddy does sometimes and will do while I am gone. Evan is just not convinced. I think the little extra time in the kitchen is just what we both needed.


Now...I'm off to pack! The purse is already de-mom-ified (no fruit snacks this weekend!) and the boarding pass is printed. Clothes in the bag and I'm ready to fly!

No comments:

Post a Comment