Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Daddy's Home

Daddy's home! There was much rejoicing and celebrating around here yesterday. We went to dinner, stopped at the store to pick up ice cream, and just generally caught up with each other last night. But this was the highlight:
You are seeing that correctly. Daddy brought Evan home a real boomerang. (He also brought each kiddo an Australian stuffed animal and Issa and I opals; we are spoiled.) Daddy knows how to throw boomerang! Ten years of marriage and I had no idea. Our yard is a little short, though, so we are questing for a big field to perfect our skills.

Issa came pretty close last night:

Evan did not come close but he had a blast:

I am quite certain this whole boomerang thing is going to end badly at least once, but we'll see! I almost got a boomerang to the head, but almost doesn't count...or so I've been told.

Brad and I had an interesting conversation last night. We both agree we are infinitely more productive when the other is not there. I also know I am a more fun mom when he is gone; I plan something extraordinary every day. More than that, I know I am exhausted when he comes home.

We also know that although we make fabulous memories apart and get a little more work accomplished, we would much rather be together. I'm okay with Daddy being the fun one. I'm okay needing one extra day to finish the grading. We're a good team, and we are all much happier when we're together. I'm grateful for the space to appreciate that, but I hope I don't get ten days worth of space again anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment