Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Issa's Spring

We spent some time working in the front yard again after dinner yesterday. Today may be the official first day of spring, but it is in full bloom at our house!

Issa has a bulb garden, and her tulips bloomed yesterday:

They are beautiful, and when Issa asked to use my camera to capture them I couldn't say no. That one picture turned into a photo essay on Issa's spring.

The pink blossoms on our trees:


This insane face on her brother: I have no idea what is going on there! He's crazy.

The white blossoms against the house:

Evan's basketball that barely leaves his hands:

I swear the kid would sleep with it if I would let him.

Evan's motorcycle shirt:

Eventually he will outgrow this shirt, and there will be much gnashing of teeth. Please ignore the stains of unknown origin. They are invisible to him, and he loves the shirt too much to get rid of it before the seams give out.

Tumbler, who follows Issa around outside, enjoying the spring with her:

And my very favorite:

How cool is that shot?! Issa set it up all by herself, and I love her toes on the edge, too. What makes it even more perfect is we found the shot still set up when we left for school this morning. Oops.

Once upon a time, in a kingdom not very far away, I probably would have deleted most of these pictures. (I see that basketball plenty!) Now, I see them as a window into Issa's world. A glimpse of what she sees. I realized I only photograph what I think is important; this is what is important to Issa. I love slowing down and seeing the world through her eyes.

Happy spring, y'all! I hope you really see a few more blooms today.

No comments:

Post a Comment