Monday, March 12, 2012

Perfect Weekend

This was absolutely the perfect weekend. Mom, Shannon, and I met up in NYC on Friday on a quest for Shannon's wedding dress. I met Mom at the airport, and we took a death-defying cab ride to meet Shannon at our hotel. It does not matter how many times I take a cab in the city; I am always convinced it could be my last.

Once we met up with Shannon, we scouted a much needed cup of coffee and caught up on all the wedding plans. In between, we talked about our lives and a whole host of other things. I love hanging out with these two. After a quick lunch, we were headed to three bridal salons. Shannon had narrowed the choices to six gowns, and they were all stunning. At the first salon, the designer himself actually worked with Shannon, pinning things here and there for slightly different looks. It was so fun. After that appointment, we wandered down to the Village--and I mean wandered. It is way too easy to get turned around down there. As Shannon pointed out, Fourth Street should never cross Twelfth Street. But...we found it. It was the final stop, though, where we had success...in a seventh dress. No details here (we don't want to tip off Uncle Jeff), but suffice it to say it is the most stunning, absolutely perfect dress known to man.

That night, we had a fabulous dinner. We laughed until we cried, and then headed back to the hotel to collapse. Saturday was filled with dress shopping for Mom and I. Mom has two strong contenders. I have two possibilities. After a great lunch, it was back in a cab, via the craziest route to the airport ever (when I saw the razor wire I thought I might find myself in a bad scene from a bad movie any moment), and back on an airplane. It was a quick trip, but it was absolutely perfect!

Yesterday, we had some high quality family time. I know I was only gone about 36 hours, but I swear the kids grew. Spring was in all her glory (which was a relief after the chill of NYC), so we headed out to our museum. This is what I love:
The best daddy ever took turns giving shoulder rides, and we visited all of our barnyard friends. The sheep seemed particularly woolly this trip.

And...as a special bonus...we got to see the frogs eating:

The kids found their long tongues grabbing tiny crickets hysterical.

We spent a little time playing in the sand box:

We had never actually stopped here before, and it was big fun:

Our little construction guy thought this was too cool.

After all that adventuring, we needed a snack:

Evan likes to wear his popsicle.

Issa was very proud of her clean face:

She is getting so big!

After our snack, it was back out to see the dinosaurs. A kindly stranger took a picture:

The sun was in Issa's eyes, and Evan was watching a tractor. It was a nice thought.

Our little dinosaurs were on the prowl:

We definitely have carnivores!


On the way out, we stopped to play the drums:

I love these unposed shots that show the true joy. Such fun! Yep...a perfect weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment