Saturday, March 3, 2012

Happy Birthday, Little Blog!

I have a super cute post about how I have spent the past two days playing with two five-year-old angels, but today is a day to celebrate and say thank you.

One year ago today, I wrote my first blog post. I entered this little space hoping to capture a few memories, but I never realized what a blessing it would be. This has been a big year of birthdays, kindergarten, family trips, baking, and just being us. It has also been a year of emerging independence and finishing a dissertation. These two things should not be allowed to happen in the same year. Some days have been rough--to say the least.

This space has helped me to focus on the positive and to be thankful every day. It has forced me to slow down and notice the little hand prints my kids leave behind, and it has allowed to capture moments that might otherwise fade away.

And...I want to say thank you. To you. So many of your have stopped me in church, sent me an email, or called to say, "I read....on your blog." The fact that you show up everyday to read what is generally nothing spectacular humbles me. Thank you for being part of this journey and for giving me a little extra nudge to write on the days when I might otherwise just curl up in the fetal position.

Happy birthday, little blog, here's to many more years. And, here's to you, gentle readers. (I've always wanted to say that. Thanks for making a dream come true.)

No comments:

Post a Comment