Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Done Did Lost My Mind

Mondays are tough. Our little clan doesn't transition from weekends very well, and it's the one day of the week where I really question whether I should work full-time. The lunch packing and the fatigue of starting another week just get to me by the end of the day--not to mention the mom-guilt of not being there to get Issa off the bus. Add the start of allergy season to that mess, and it was ugly. Add some stressed out students, and it was a hot mess. Add the time change, and yesterday should have been illegal.
 
As I was leaving work, my neighbor called to say everything was fine but that she had an appointment that afternoon so I really needed to be on time. She was super nice about it, and I heard myself say, "Do you want Briana to stay with us." I could feel the exhaustion get heavier as she said yes. But...it's what our village does. We take care of our own--even and especially our extended own.
 
So what did I do? I done did lost my mind:

I got out canvases and "real" paint. Then we made biscuits...all four of us. They were very well stirred and rolled. Then I went to bed at 9:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment