Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Less Than Twelve

I'm back in my office after leaving it less than 12 hours ago. This two week window is brutal with extra conferences, seminars, and recruitment events. To say that I'm tired and barely keeping up with where I need to be this afternoon let alone tomorrow is an understatement.

But...and this is a wonderful but...I'm blissfully happy. I love my work. Even on the days when I just want to shake some of my sweet angels, I love it. I've said before that I feel like every career decision has led me here, and every day I am more and more certain of that. I feel challenged and engaged and like I'm really making a difference. It's a good place to be.

I also feel like we've found our rhythm at home. Of course, I missed the kids and Brad desperately last night. I hated missing ballet and missing good night snuggles. But I also know they know I love them. They were thrilled to find mints on their pillows, bags packed, and clothes laid out. More importantly, I knew I didn't need to worry about a thing because Daddy had it, which is a gift.

I also know I came home to a glass of wine and an hour long conversation with the most wonderful husband in the world. As I've made this transition back to full-time, he has stepped in in so many ways at home, which makes it so much easier for me. He has taken over dish duty, and he has rearranged his schedule to accommodate mine when I can't be somewhere. He has listened to me try to figure things out, and he has helped me to let go of some things. He has kept me focused on the big stuff, and he has helped me let go of my own mommy guilt. In short, he has supported me so that I can feel this blissfully happy, and I don't know what I would do with out him.

No comments:

Post a Comment