Monday, May 19, 2014

Lovely

This was another lovely weekend. It started Saturday morning at the farm, and we are all quite convinced it is the best way to start a weekend. The kiddos fed the animals and worked in the fairy garden while Brad and I mounded potatoes and helped with the weeding and harvesting in the hoop house. It's just lovely to be outdoors and productive on a Saturday morning.

Saturday evening, Brad and I went out to see Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat with some friends. It was a great show that was preceded by an amazing meal at a new place in Hillsborough. We laughed a lot and stayed up way, way too late and we can't wait to do it again on Memorial Day--this time with the kiddos.

Yesterday, I took Issa to see The Sleeping Beauty at the Carolina Ballet. It was beautifully danced, and she was on the edge of her seat for most of it. This time, she was really aware of the technique and would whisper amazement and critiques to me. I love listening to and watching her watch the ballet. I'm sure it will only become more fun as she grows.

Now, I'm off to teach a semester course in three weeks. If I'm not here much, you'll know why.

No comments:

Post a Comment