Thursday, May 8, 2014

Well Celebrated

 I would say Evan had a pretty fabulous birthday. The true celebrating started at school with his construction cupcake cake:
 I have never been so covered in frosting after hanging out with this little crew:
 Evan was so shy about all of his friends singing to him, but I love, love, love the look of pure adoration on Issa's face.

When we got home, we let Evan open his gifts from us. Issa gave him k'nex that include motors:
 And Daddy and I have him a huge Lego city police station set:
 The building needed to start immediately:
 It has since moved to the round table, which will be out of commission for the foreseeable future. This set came with ten bags and six instruction manuals. So far, we have a police car and a police helicopter surrounded with various police officers and bad guys. This was the first time Evan has really been able to build on his own. His plan is to build it the way they say and then see what happens, which thrills Daddy and I.

We made his requested homemade pizza for dinner, and then we enjoyed a Red Power Ranger cake:
As I was tucking him in, I asked if he had a good birthday, and he announced it was "the awesomest!" I think I'll take that.

I still can't believe my baby is a whole hand old, but he is one happy little boy, and that makes me one happy mama.

No comments:

Post a Comment