Thursday, May 29, 2014

Rainbows in the Storm

So...I had a day yesterday.

I got home from work and thought it felt a bit warm. Sure enough...82 degrees inside and an air conditioner whose fan was not moving. Then I looked over to see a swarm of ants on our family room windows--inside--a swarm. And it was dress rehearsal night. And Brad was in Arizona.

I put my big girl panties on, though, and got to it.

I checked the neighborhood page for recommended AC guys, called one, and he is coming tomorrow. God is also smiling down on us with highs in the 70s and low humidity the rest of this week.

We had decided to switch pest control companies, and I made that happen yesterday. Again, the new company is able to come today and has promised the ants will be no more.

I texted the babysitter to let her know the AC was out, and she offered to bring three fans. Each of us had a fan pointed right at us last night, and it was wonderful.

Dress rehearsal went way better than any one could have hoped. It was Issa's first time doing her solo for a real audience, and her first time being on a big stage all alone. I was more nervous than she was. I openly admit I cried through her entire dance. She nailed it--best I've seen her do it. More importantly, she beamed. It was so obvious she was loving every single moment. It made my heart so happy.

In short, it was a day that could have been horrible, but instead it was filled with Wondrous Thing after Wondrous Thing. I am beyond truly blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment