Tuesday, May 20, 2014

We have a molter!

Yesterday was a bit nuts. I taught all morning, worked in the office all afternoon, and then taught again last night. By the time I got home, I was exhausted. I arrived home to find an extra friend for dinner and two very happy kids with the summer babysitter.

We took Parker home and started tackling the end of day routine, which I just wanted to be over. All I wanted was two little people in bed so I could eat my dinner and go to bed. Then I looked at Squirmy. I was quite convinced the little guy was dead. I saw what I thought was his little self outside of the shell. I broke the news to Issa, and found a little box. When I finally steeled myself to dispose of the remains, I realized it was hollow...empty...it was just the exoskeleton. He was molting! Successfully! Needless to say Issa was thrilled, I was shocked, and we all spent the next fifteen minutes learning about the process. Now we just hold our breath that the rest of the molting process goes as it should...

No comments:

Post a Comment