Thursday, March 3, 2011

A Beginning

This week, I have been updating the kids scrapbooks. (I was only over a year behind.) As I was flipping through a finished book, I realized that it captured all the major milestones: the vacations, the firsts, the holidays, the major events. Our day to day life was missing, though. The funny conversations, the negotiations, the uneasy balance of work and home, the little handprints on the glass--the moments that sometimes make me crazy but I'm sure I will miss years from now.

I read several blogs every day, and my husband has been prodding me to start one. And so, here I am. I hope to capture the little handprints here. I don't plan to post lots of pictures of the kids or the major milestones. I want to capture the day to day of my life as a wife, mom, and the mix of official job titles I have at the moment (student, research assistant, professor). Hopefully, it will be a place I can return in the years to come and remember some of the little things that might otherwise be forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment