Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Yep...I'm Good...


Yesterday was exactly the kind of day I needed! It was one of those days that was good for the ego and the soul...especially after the past couple of weeks.


Every spring, I make a solo trip to Children's Place to purchase Issa's summer wardrobe. We are incredibly blessed by generous family who love clothes shopping, so these are the only clothes I end up buying her (aside from an occassional shirt here or there for fun). So...this is big fun. It's also really nerve-wracking! Issa has just a smidge of an opinion about what she wears, so I'm always hoping she loves what I find. I did really well this year! This is her favorite outfit. It's not exactly the shirt I would have chosen with this skirt, but she's in love. Now if it would just warm up again so she can wear it.


And...as an extra bonus I found Evan this hat. He loves it! It was a double score. It has a shark on the front and it actually fits his head! That is no small feat. It was one of those, yep...I rock...mom moments.


And...I got to guest lecture in a qualitative course yesterday. It was so fun! I love talking with new qualitative researchers--especially those that have been quantitatively trained. It's a little like preaching heresy at times, but it is so fun. It was so nice to feel really smart again. Yep...it was a good day all around.

No comments:

Post a Comment