Sunday, March 13, 2011

Small Miracles


Two small miracles happened in our world this weekend. This was the first. To many, this may look like a whiteboard with straight-ish lines dividing it into sections. To me, this is my external brain. My husband recognized my need for an external brain when I started working from home and pursuing my doctorate three years ago and indulged my compulsions. The left side gets filled in every week with what I need to do each day--each day has a square. The right side lists ongoing projects around the house, articles in process, or random lists. For the first time in three years, this board is empty! I'm all caught up! I almost don't know what to do with myself. It will get filled tonight, and there may be some projects popping up in the near future, but for now I just want to enjoy the blankness of it all.


The second small miracle is far more significant. Issa has a new best friend, and the whole family adores her. The second half of the miracle is her mom and I are becoming very good friends. I've been praying for a friend with a daughter the same age as Issa, and that prayer has been answered. We went on a mother/daughter play date yesterday, and we all had a great time. Lunch, mani/pedis, and a little shopping--it doesn't get much better. It was so fun, and what's even better is just the adults scheduled a play date for next month. It is so wonderful to have another mom whose daughter is the exact same age and so much like Issa to talk and laugh with about the little things. Yesterday, we were talking about how much trouble we will be in when these girls hit 15, and we both decided we were glad to be in it together.

No comments:

Post a Comment