Monday, March 28, 2011

COLD!

Mother Nature is playing a cruel, cruel trick around here. After several glorious spring days, the temperature decided to plummet. I'm listening to sleet pinging the windows as I type, and we had to dig out winter coats, hats, and mittens for the kiddos this morning. It is cold! Since it was so cold yesterday, too, we refused to open the door (except to let the dog out and in). We stayed in pajamas, had macaroni and cheese for dinner, and played all day. It was great.

This isn't a great picture, but I was trying to be sneaky so they wouldn't stop playing. Issa was trying to get Evan's hair to look like a shark fin. I am so grateful that he is such an easy going guy. You can tell by the look on his face that he wasn't thrilled about it, but he let her play for about ten minutes before he fussed enough she stopped. I'm sure some day she will be "too big" to be bothered with playing with her little brother, but for right now I will enjoy every minute that they play together so nicely. They come up with some hysterical games, and there is nothing that warms my heart quite so much as watching them play and laugh. Now if it would just warm my feet! (Have I mentioned it's cold?!)

No comments:

Post a Comment