Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Happiness is...

Mom saw a t-shirt that read, "I have CDO. It's like OCD but the letters are in the right order." Although I know mental health is nothing to joke about, I need that shirt. I am a hopeless organizer who likes things done a certain way, and nothing makes me happier than a good organizational tool. (That might be a bit of hyperbole, but I'm allowed. It's my blog.)

This is our new family organizer. It arrived about a week and a half ago, but I wanted to be sure it really was as perfect as I thought before I blogged about it. It is! It is bliss. Each family member has a pocket for his or her respective "stuff." Issa has fully embraced the concept and loves distributing her artwork in the pockets. I love having a place for school forms and such, and Issa already knows to check to see if there is anything that needs to go to school in her pocket--love it! There are also pockets for coupons, fliers, library receipts, all those little things that are never where you need them to be when you need them. The dry erase board is perfect for messages or reminders, and the family calendar fits perfectly. (I particularly love this calendar because each day has a line for each family member.) And...there are pockets for pens and dry erase markers.

The best part: it hangs on the back of our front door. Everyone has to see it on the way out. I'm in love. Between this and my external brain white board, I'm one happy, organized lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment