Thursday, March 24, 2011

It Could Be Worse

We are no longer a small box of Jello family. Issa really wanted Jello for dessert last night. (That's my girl! I love Jello, too!) It's a little hard to argue with that, so we made a box of lime and did the quick set method so it would be ready.

This is what the bowl looked like after dessert. Both kids had two bowls of Jello! (I had one; poor Daddy gave the last half of his to Evan.) That's after they ate a great dinner. I guess we are a big box of Jello family now.

By the way, I have fallen in love with pork shoulder in the Crockpot. Fabulous! Super easy, inexpensive, and I can make it multiple ways. Last week we had pulled BBQ pork, and last night we had pork burritos. Yum! I usually get a little 2.5 pound shoulder, and you place it all by itself in the Crockpot. Turn that puppy on high and walk away for five hours. At that point, remove all of the cooking liquid. Pull the pork, and then add 16 ounces of whatever sauce you like. Turn it on low and let it go another four or five hours. Yum! I think we will try an Asian something next week.



No comments:

Post a Comment