Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Best Daddy Ever

See this man...
I didn't think that I could love him more than I did nine years ago (tomorrow) when I married him. Then I saw him become a daddy, and I fell even harder.

He may scare me half to death when he does this:

And my heart may temporarily stop when he does this:


But my heart melts when I see moments like this:


You may remember that we got a pool this weekend. Well...there is not one level spot in our yard. So, Daddy is using some reclaimed wood from the garage project to build a deck for the pool to sit on. (The boards actually came with the house; we think they are extra fence boards.)
The deck will allow us to fill the pool all the way, which makes him a hero to the kids.


What I love, though, is watching him teach both kids how to build. He lets them check the level and the tape measure. Issa even got to use the driver to put in a few screws. It would probably take half the time without help, but he wants both kids to know how to build and repair things on their own. He shows them the plans he makes, and he talks them through what he's doing. As a mama, it especially melts my heart when he's working with Issa. There is just something wonderful about watching him empower our girl--especially since he doesn't even realize he's doing it. Yep...I love this man--head over heels.





No comments:

Post a Comment