Friday, June 24, 2011

The Best Way to Wake Up

No picture today. I wanted to capture an truly sweet moment this morning.

I had to get up early for an optometrist appointment, and I was lying in bed after the alarm went off trying to convince myself to get in the shower. I am so glad I didn't rush out of bed. Moments later, I heard Issa's sweet voice coming from Evan's room:

"Morning, Evan. Time to get up. Give me a hug. Now remember," in her best motherly voice, "Mommy and Daddy are going out on a date tonight, but they will come back. Miss Torre is coming, and we're going to make pizza and play games and go to the park and we will have fun. And I will be here with you, so you don't have to worry."

"Why?" in his best five syllable why.

"Because I love you, and I'll make sure you have fun. And Mommy and Daddy will come back."

"Why?"

"Because they love us. They just need a boring dinner."

"Why?"

"They don't really like balloons or crayons with dinner."

"Why?"

"Evan, no more whys. It's breakfast time. Come on, buddy. Let's check on the frogs."

So sweet. She is such a little mommy--love her to pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment