Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Wondrous Person

I love this ballet bag for two reasons. First, Issa loves ballet, and she loves carrying her very sparkly bag into the studio. Second, and more selfishly, when this bag comes out it means I get to not only watch my daughter have a wonderful time in ballet but I also get 45 minutes of uninterrupted girl talk with my friend, a truly wondrous thing.

You may remember a few months ago when I posted that I had become friends with the mom of one of Issa's friends. She truly is a wondrous person and an answered prayer. Having a friend who is also juggling work and home, who puts her kids first, and who can be brutally honest about how frustrating that can be is such a blessing. We've had two weeks off from ballet, and we were both about ready to explode with news and questions for each other last night. She is such a source of encouragement, and I am so grateful she has become a part of our lives. And I'm especially grateful that we are scheduling a mom date for next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment