Thursday, June 2, 2011

Preschool Love

Today is my birthday. I had no intention of blogging about my birthday, but Issa changed those plans yesterday. Somehow, my little angel convinced all of her class to use their free art time to make me birthday cards yesterday. She convinced all of them to use brown paper, and she used white so hers would be more special. (I really think she will grow up to run a small country someday.)
There aren't that many kids in her class, so some of them made me multiple cards. This is Issa's:


I love how she turned the "M" in "mom" into a heart. (Yes...her "s" is still backwards. The difference is she knows that now and writes them correctly in everything but her name. The backwards "s" in her name is part of her signature. It's a battle I will need to fight soon but not today.) That's a picture of me on the left.


This is the card from Cammie, Issa's friend at school. It's a picture of me. I particularly like the flower in my hair.


There is nothing as heartwarming as having a room full of preschoolers swarm you at the door to show you the cards they made for your birthday. They were each so proud, and I got some of the best hugs. Happy birthday to me!






No comments:

Post a Comment