Friday, June 17, 2011

My Little Readers

Yesterday was library day. Have I mentioned that I love our library's summer reading program? We have always been big readers around here, but this has taken it to new level.

See this girl right here...
...she is READING--as in actually reading the words on the page all by herself. We had been dabbling in reading, but now she is taking off. She read an entire page by herself this week--four whole sentences. I cried. She looked at me like I was crazy and said, "Turn the page. We need to see what happens to the cats."

See this boy...

...he asks to sit and read. He actually sits for long books. This is a small miracle for my boy who has two speeds: running and asleep. I love that he must carry his own bag. It is so heavy, and he walks so slowly, but he does it. And he is proud. And I am proud.



No comments:

Post a Comment