Sunday, June 12, 2011

Pouting

I am pouting today. Nana and Papa had to leave this morning. You see, I have been thoroughly spoiled while they were here.

See this mailbox post...
...Papa fixed it this week. The mailbox was starting to separate from the post.

See these trees...

Papa pruned them this week. Now I can mow under them without doing the limbo.

See this cabinet...

...and this one...


...Nana helped me totally reorganize my kitchen.

See this drawer...

...Papa fixed it. The front was separating from the sides.

You may remember the art table...


Nana helped Issa and I organize it...

...and her art drawers.

And you may remember Papa and Daddy did some work on the swing set last weekend. They finished it yesterday...

...a new ladder and a canopy.


While I am beyond grateful for the help with all the projects, the help with the laundry and cooking, adventures to the museum, and dinners around the Triangle, I am more than anything grateful for ten days filled with memories: Mom laughing until tears ran down her face at Evan being a dinosaur, Papa setting up a train track in Evan's room, a ballet recital, a preschool graduation, conversations over morning and evening coffee, and too many cakes and cupcakes. I loved sharing our every day chaos and watching the kids get some extended time with their Nana and Papa. Tomorrow, I will be blissfully happy, basking in the memories, but today I am giving myself permission to pout and miss them more than words can say.















No comments:

Post a Comment