Thursday, June 30, 2011

Reality Check

The last few posts have been incredibly sweet and blissful, and in large part, life has been pretty blissful around here lately. In the original spirit of the blog, though, I thought a little dose of reality was in order...

I don't know if it's motherhood or finishing a dissertation or teaching a semester course in six weeks (because it clearly cannot have anything to do with age), but my memory is slipping--exponentially. Tuesday nights and Wednesday mornings are doozies around here. We have ballet Tuesday night, and Issa has water day and show and tell at school on Wednesdays. Getting all of that together can be rocky. This week, show and tell was about the Fourth of July, and Issa wanted to take this:
It's a rather huge bow that we use to decorate the wagon for the annual parade. Great idea! The only problem was it was still in storage in the top of my craft cabinet. Bless her heart, she reminded me roughly twenty million times--all of which were horrible. I just can't drive and get the bow. When I tucked her in, she reminded me again, and I promised it would be in the show and tell spot by the door when she woke up...and then I forgot.

I was just about to drift off to sleep, and I remembered the bow. I got out of bed and dug it up. Mission accomplished. I no more than got back in bed when I realized I forgot to lock the front door. Up I went again...door locked...back in bed. Dishwasher...I forgot to start it. Back up...soap in...back in bed. When I woke up yesterday, I realized I had neglected to actually press start. Oops.

It's the little things, but if I could just remember them all at once it would really save me a few trips up and down the stairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment